April 29, 2012

Perseverance Article I

For as long as I can remember, I have held onto three words, my favorite words, words that in High School (most pivotal years)  I remember playing over and over in my head, to this day im honestly not sure why, but they are here, just floating around me twenty-four-seven; Perseverance, Confidence and Success. A part of me really wanted to dig deep into these words, their meanings and my own personal meanings for them, I figured it would be really cool for me to share with you my results but lets do this one at a time, i'm learning a lot more about myself through this process.

Perseverance
Definition steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

Obstacles, difficulties and discouragement, these three things are extremely familiar in my day-to-day life, and in all reality in most all human beings lives. This may sound extremely weird but, I love the thought of obstacles, difficulties and discouragement. These life happenings are challenges and challenges are what drives me, I love challenges. Thinking about it.. I really am ecstatic by these three words and when it all comes down to it Perseverance is a natural state of mind, there is no stopping, no giving up, only growing and learning. Many people ask me how im so determined and I honestly really never had an answer, up until recently when I had an epiphany. It was one of those moments when you realize "Oh, my parents really are smart and wise, am I actually admitting I might owe them something for molding me to the person I am today?!" yes, one of those. My mother raised me on this: she leaned on teaching me to keep an open heart while living in such a fearful world. My mind knows the ugly in this world, it knows the horrible things and the ruthless people but it choses to turn a blind eye to all of that. Growing up I got walked all over many times, I was turned down from many things I auditioned for and I had many struggles but I was smart enough to just shrug my shoulders, walk away and keep moving forward, it wasn't that big of a deal. Looking back I also made a lot of great friends, I scored many auditions and I had great successes, life is always win or loose. I strut through life honestly believing in everything beautiful, good and amazing so when it's time to persevere through the difficulties i'm dealing with a piece of cake. Do whatever you need to by making the best out of any situation, thats a first step to keep moving forward.


My best advice to you is when someone or something in life is discouraging you from what you love, what makes you happy or even your biggest dreams...chew it up and spit it out. Make yourself believe that you want that, you want people or things to put you down just so you can rip that discouragement to shreds. Obstacles, difficulties and discouragement are meant to happen, the meaning behind them is to make you bigger, better and stronger, so persevere babe! 

No comments: